Congratulations on deciding to certify for lower level classes with VIPKid! This certification will allow you to teach Level 2 Interactive (the most popular level with VIPKid!) as well as Level 3.
You will need to prepare for two different options: A and B. You can see more about the preparation process HERE.
Part of preparing for each is to have a good reward system in place! I want to encourage you to be creative and come up with something that you love, because if you love it and are excited about it, your student (and your mock class mentor) will be too!
Here are some ideas to get you started for Option B (kite/doll).
(If you are looking for ideas for option A, check out Reward Ideas – VIPKid Lower Level Certification (Option A)
It’s important to note that since the reward slide is the same for both options, you could use the rewards interchangeably. I am a bit of a prop over-achiever because I think it’s SO FUN, so I wanted to provide options that are unique to both. So, in addition to the ideas for option A, you could do the following:
- Have a doll (either printed, drawn, or a real doll) and each time the student picks a reward, the doll gets the reward too!
- Draw or print different colors of kites, and put a picture of each toy on the kite. Each time the student picks a reward, they get a kite with that reward on it.
- Draw or print a swing set with empty swings. Each time a student picks a toy, you add a toy into one of the swings.
- For girls, you could print pictures of different dolls that they win each time they pick a toy.
- For boys, you could print pictures of different balls used in sports that they win each time they pick a toy.
I will be recording a few examples of these in the next few days, and I will add that link here.
If you are feeling overwhelmed and anxious now, PLEASE DON’T!! I love props and rewards, so I enjoy putting them together, but you do NOT need to go to this much effort on a daily basis. You DO need to have rewards, but they can be far more simple or you can use the resources available from those of us who love to make them!
Speaking of which, if you are looking for a mentor and would like some help creating your own reward system or using one of these, I would love to help you! Just sign up using my referral code, and I can provide links to the printed options above and a google slides reward that I put together for the gifs. You can sign up using my referral link or by adding my referral code AMELI0055 after you have applied but before your mock class. Just comment below and let me know what you are interested in, and I’ll be able to get your email from the referral portal and reach out to get you started!
I hope this was helpful, and good luck!