When you are just getting started as a new teacher applying with VIPKid, there are two ways you can sign up with an existing teacher as your “referring teacher.”
- You can sign up using a referral link. This automatically associates you with the referring teacher, and we’ll be notified of your application. As of October 1, VIPKid teachers are no longer allowed to share our referral links or codes in a public space like this, but you can contact a teacher directly if you would like their help.
- You can sign up using a referral code.
To do this is simple:
If you do not yet have a VIPKid teacher account
- From the registration page, click on “Sign Up.
- Click on “If you have a referral code, click here.”
- Input your referring teacher’s code in the box that appears. Complete the remaining information and click the “Sign Up” button.
If you already have a VIPKid teacher account
- Once you are logged in, click on “My Account.”
- Click on “Add Referral Code” (available until you complete the demo.)
- Add the referral code of your mentoring teacher.
If you aren’t sure what a referring teacher is, or if you want one or not, remember VIPKid’s objective is for you to have the opportunity to work with a friend or trusted acquaintance who is already a teacher. You get 1:1 guidance and support through the hiring process and beyond, and we get a bonus once you teach your first class. Most importantly, it’s totally free to you! We are here to help you.
In the meantime, best of luck, happy applying, and happy teaching!