The first step in becoming a VIPKid teacher is applying!
While it may seem like this is self-explanatory, I’ve found that a lot of people have questions about the application itself, so I thought I would write this to help walk you through the process.
Please note – this is current as of 3/9/19. If updates become available, I will do my best to add them here!
Step 1: About You
This is pretty simple. Fill in your information:
- First Name
- Middle Name (optional)
- Last Name
- Prefer not to disclose
- High School
- Bachelor’s (MINIMUM REQUIRED!)
- None of the above
Please note, you MUST have at least a bachelor’s degree, though it is not required that it be in education.
Step 2: Logistics
- Time Zone
- Your Phone (numbers only)
Step 3: Qualifications
- Please select the language(s) that you are most fluent in. (Max 3): English must be selected here. You may add others, but they are not required.
- Do you have extensive exposure to the USA and/or Canada K-12 education?
- I teach/have taught students in a K-12 school in the USA and/or Canada
- I teach/have taught in a structured homeschool environment that supports federal K-12 educational standards in the USA and/or Canada
- I attended K-12 schools in the USA and/or Canada
- None of the above
- How much teaching experience do you have?
- 0-6 months
- 6-12 months
- 1-3 years
- 3-5 years
- 5+ years
When answering this question, please be sure to include any potential teaching experience! This includes formal classroom teaching, substitute teaching, homeschooling, tutoring, coaching, training, etc.
Here are a few examples:
- Homeschool teacher 3 years + T-ball coach 2 years =5+ years
- Corporate trainer for 5 years + 4H Club leader/teacher for 5 years = 5+ years
- Soccer coach for 1 year + after school math tutor for 6 months = 1-3 years
- Referral Code (if you have one)
A referral code is not required, but I wish I had worked with a mentor through my application process. It would have been helpful to have someone who could answer my questions! Per VIPKid policy, as of October 1, 2019, we are not allowed to give out our referral code in mass; however, if you can find someone to help you, I do recommend it.
If you have any questions, please let me know in the comments. Otherwise, good luck!
Below are a few screenshots I took on my phone. These were taken 3/9/19.